Sunday, November 23, 2008

seeking direction...and overcoming imperfections

i am so frustrated with myself.

my weaknesses become glaring when i sit here at my keyboard and begin to 'write'. my mind is akin to a dandelion... all fluff, lots of little parts, easily scattered in any breeze that wafts past.

i have thoughts. incredible, wondrously brilliant thoughts. ideas i can't wait to share with the world. conceptions that many others have also conceived, each of us brings our own perspective to the kaleidoscope of creation, each no less vital to the Whole.

this is where my lack of higher education is glaringly obvious to me, to you, to everyone. not that i didn't qualify for that higher education. my life choices took me in a different direction. this makes me wonder "WHY?" some innate flaw in my psyche, in the structure of my physical brain??

flaws. i was devastated when i learned that dimples were flaws... to learn that i was flawed for all the world to see and that such a fuss was made of my flaws... is that when i began to curl inwards??

ah, i am beginning to sound sulky. and i am not. i am a ray of sunshine... and i even have my Isis coffee mug in hand....
now, there's another subject!! Isis/Sirius... go check out Secret Sun for some great info on that subject!!

i woke up this morning pondering what would be interesting to write about? should i focus on one subject (ME??? focus on ONE subject!?!) should i write this as a diary (how boring!)? i have no real field of expertise, except survival and motherhood...

my point is that i am not educated enough to put my ideas into big words that sound intelligently thought out.
i am not able to focus my thinking into anything resembling a well thought out and thoroughly researched thesis.... instead, i will leave that to the brilliant minds who can be found everywhere on the internet, and i will just work on creating something beautiful, uplifting and hopefully thought-provoking and interesting.

today's blog isn't that... lol. this, i suppose, is my excuse for my writing style, my total informality ...

ex·cuse
To explain (a fault or an offense) in the hope of being forgiven or understood: He arrived late and excused his tardiness in a flimsy manner.
To make allowance for; overlook: Readers must excuse the author's youth and inexperience


i will leave you with this thought by Oscar Wilde...

A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight,
and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.





1 comment:

davidly said...

Links have led me to this entry of yours, which - despite what you may think - is influenced by a much higher education than that taught at so-named institutions; clearly you've a skill with expression.

The most profound thing about this scribe - if you'll excuse a "however" - or perhaps my reading of it, was its subsequence to a long-distance on-line discussion I've been having with Mother and Brother. We've lamented our insufficiency at distilling our thoughts with "Aha!" eloquence.

Regarding imperfections and directions, another sync further blew me away. I'd just finished my own related observation just prior to stumbling onto yours.

Words can be so wonderful. THANKS for GIVING yours and not keeping them to yourself.
davidly